BYOD – The future of education
One of the many solutions that we offer here at IP Partners are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs.
BYOD programs are the future of education. Encompassing Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT), BYOD programs enable students, to bring with them their own personal device, whether that be a PC, laptop, tablet or phone, to complete their work on1.
So I guess you’re probably wondering right about now, why should we choose to implement a BYOD program, we already have multiple technological devices for student use.
Well BYOD programs allow students to use their own personal devices that they already use at home, at school as well. Not only are these devices often newer and more advanced than the existing IT equipment, but students often have a better understanding of how to use their own devices more effectively as well1.
BYOD programs also provide various other benefits for students, including:
- Allowing students to use their preferred method of learning in the classroom, which can enable better productivity2.
- Engaging students by using new, fun and relatable learning methods2.
- Encouraging collaborative and cooperative relationships between students2.
- Increasing student’s enthusiasm, productivity and engagement for learning2.
- Ensuring students understand how to use devices responsibly, and the role that they play in everyday life2.
- Reducing IT expenditure, on hardware, software licensing and device maintenance1.
Why Choose Us?
Here at IP Partners we work very closely with the school, to create a BYOD program that suits their needs and requirements, including the creation and management of a free online portal2.
These online portals are customised to fit with the school’s logo, colours and branding. They have also been specifically designed for ease of use, with everything parents/guardians require all on the one screen. All the customer needs to do is sign up, select the device and then pay2. These portals have been tested underload, and have never failed or been down due to high traffic.
There are various options available on each portal, including the ability to purchase, Accidental Damage and Theft Insurance and bags, if the customer desires (we do highly recommend purchasing the insurance to ensure the longevity of your device)2.
We are able to create a demo version as well as current live portals to share with the school leadership team, committee and/or parents, so that everyone understands and can see exactly how the portals work2.
As part of our partnership with schools, we work very closely with the leadership team to select devices that are most appropriate and suitable to the needs of the students2. We also provide schools with the option of placing the school image and educational applications on the devices, (during the production process), if previously discussed with the school2.
Another key feature that sets us apart from others, is that we are one of only 23 Acer Gold Partners in Australia. This partnership ensures that we can offer schools and parents the best pricing available2. This partnership also allows us to offer customers the following benefits:
- Devices come with 3 years NBD onsite warranty2.
- Free imaging of devices (if a minimum of 30 devices are purchased)2.
- Parents buy at education pricing standard2.
- Optional Accidental Damage and Theft Insurance2.
We also have partnerships with Dell and HP.
As school are just starting back up for the year, we have decided to begin running information sessions for schools seeking further interest in BYOD programs. We have built a high professional profile for schools providing BYOD programs.
The first session will be held in late February which includes a breakfast before a presentation by guest speakers, which will outline the IP Partners BYOD solution, including unique features and benefits.
Devices will be on display and specialists will be present to discuss how our BYOD solution has previously been implemented in other schools, and how we can help you!
If you would like extra information, you can find it on our website: https://www.ippartners.com.au/solutions/byod/
This opportunity is very limited, so register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
- D Evans, What is BYOD and why is it important? Tech Radar, UK, 2015, viewed 30 January 2017, <http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/what-is-byod-and-why-is-it-important-1175088>
- IP Partners Staff, BYOD, IP Partners, Australia, 2016, viewed 30 January 2017, <https://www.ippartners.com.au/solutions/byod/>