Managed Services is a solution that IP Partners provide that combines flat rate, unlimited IT Support for a monthly fixed fee with the proactive monitoring of IT Workstations and infrastructure.
What are the Benefits of Managed IT Services for Business?
Managed IT services refer to the practice of delegating business administration and management to a third-party for increased business efficiency, effectiveness and optimized costs. All such kinds of third-party companies are called ‘Managed Service Providers (MSPs)’. IP Partners is one of the leading MSPs in Adelaide. We provide a variety of IT Services in Adelaide, but our core mission is simple – to keep your business up and running.
If you want your business to be using IT Managed Services in Adelaide, here are some other benefits you should know before moving to a managed service arrangement.
- Efficient and Reliable IT Solutions — Not having employees with the right knowledge and skills to handle an entire network just leads to inefficiency and unreliability. However, MSPs are very talented and are experts in their fields. They each have years of experience helping customers manage their IT and choose the best ICT solutions that suit their customers. By outsourcing your systems to MSPs, you are assured of an expert team to keep your entire IT infrastructure efficient and reliable.
- Financial Benefits — Through delegating IT services, you will be able to obtain the benefits of receiving IT support at a significantly reduced cost in comparison to creating a comparable team in-house. Additionally, MSPs can also offer a wealth of IT solutions experience from actively managing multiple client accounts that in-house teams would not collectively have.
- Up-to-Date Technology and Convenience — Using outdated software negatively impacts return on investment. Outsourcing your IT systems means that you can get access to the latest tech software, resources and knowledge ensuring your company stays at the top. MSPs can also forecast your monthly, quarterly, and yearly expenditure on IT, which allows you to focus on growing your business without worrying about day-to-day IT requirements.
- Advanced IT Security and Compliance — Managed service providers help protect your business from probable security breaches and take quick action if an issue does occur. They also provide additional security policies and protocols to ensure compliance.
In conclusion, the key advantage of Managed IT Services is this: You don’t need to manage IT by yourself. Let an MSP take care of your IT so you can focus on business. As one of the leading MSPs who provides Managed IT Services in Adelaide, we, IP Partners, are aiming to help your businesses with the day-to-day general support of your IT needs and round-the-clock monitoring on an on-going basis.
Why is Managed IT Services Important in an Organisation?
- Aligns the outcome of the organisation – We want to minimise the problems for your organisation because you have KPI’s directly linked to the efficiency of your IT
- Proactive Support – Managed Services offer proactive support. So instead of your company constantly fixing problems, we will try to identify the problem before it happens and keep your systems up and problems down
- Strategic IT Planning – Managed Services help you think ahead of time and give advise on what you need to be planning for all your IT needs. This links to proactive support to ensure your IT Infrastructure and software is upgraded and up to date minimising risks such as downtime, virus and crashes.
In education, we have experience in both public and private schools. We can provide administration and curriculum support, with the expertise to manage greater granularity networks with separate server and wireless VLANs. Further, we ensure compliance with all DECD SIA standards.
For our corporate clients, offer access to antivirus and antispam with monitoring, as well as hosted solutions, including hybrid Cloud.
The IP Partners team has experience with specific health software including Medical Director, Pracsoft, Zedmed, Genie and Best Practice.
The, fixed fee structure ensures clients have coverage for:
- Onsite server and desktop support
- Server and infrastructure support and maintenance
- Network monitoring
- Centralised Australian Helpdesk